10 Key Things to Know
How does a course work? This online course is slightly unique in that there is a period of
time in which the course needs to be completed while still offering the flexibility to stop and start
whenever you want. The course extends 14 days. There is no requirement to be in attendance
at a designated ‘class’ time. However you need to login daily. You work through the course at
your own pace and at times most convenient with your schedule.
How does the NMLS know I completed the course?
Courses completions will be submitted to the NMLS within seven days after the course end date.
This is when your certificate of completion will be sent as well.
Do I need a webcam to participate? No
Where do I login to access the course once I have registered? You will go to www.
learnmortgage.com to access your course.
What do I do if I have questions on the course material? An instructor is available during
the entire course as they monitor progress, provide direction and answer questions.
What is required to complete the course?
- Every module has a required reading assignment that may be read online, downloaded
and saved, or printed. You should save/print the reading assignments for ongoing
reference after the class ends.
- Every module has a required exam that may be accessed from any page in the module by
clicking the Exam button at the top of the screen.
- You must achieve a score of 75% on the required exam before the next module is
- Although students may be able to access a module and its reading assignment, they can’t
start a module exam until it is unlocked.
- New module exams are unlocked daily throughout the time period of the class session –
for example, the Module 3 exam is unlocked on Day 2; the final exam unlocked on Day 12
– but you are not required to complete one module each day. You can work at your own
pace, but can’t work ahead.
- The course has several required “homework” assignments. Details for these, and other
activities, are available from the Assignments page in each module. You must complete
the assignments to get credit for the course.
- Students can click on the Course Calendar to see specific dates for when module exams
are unlocked or assignments are due.
- The Course Resources page in the Introduction includes helpful reference documents
that can be downloaded, such as instructions for taking tests and posting on discussion
threads, answers to reading assignment quizzes, glossary, etc.
1) You must have your unique NMLS ID available before the class ends. It is required for
you to get credit for completing the course. For further assistance, please contact the NMLS Call
Center at 240-386-4444.
2) Once the course is complete, you will no longer have access to the course. We
would like to emphasize that you should download all of the files that you wish to retain during
the timeframe that the course is available.
3) If you are having any technical difficulties, please call 866-455-3278